My mom’s heart stopped beating for 7 seconds. Normally I would say 7 seconds is a really, really short amount of time. Now I see it as an extremely long time. Luckily, mom was wearing a heart monitor that automatically called 911.
Get this though— her heart restarted to its normal functionality on its own.
Hello, miracle. ✨🙏🏼
When the paramedics arrived, she was confused on why they were there. She didn’t know her heart had stopped because she was asleep.
God saved her. He knows we need her.
She has been hospitalized for observation till her surgery tomorrow. They are putting in a pacemaker/defibrillator. This should prevent this issue in the future.
Her heart doesn’t function fully to begin with due to a heart attack and heart failure, so any type of surgery is risky. Please pray for her. I need her happily at home baking brownies and playing with her pet bunny rabbit.
Alright, so, I have this issue with being by myself. It’s a bit complicated so buckle up.
I feel a constant need to be protected. Why? No idea. Am I in any danger? No. Have I ever really been in danger? Don’t think so. And yet, the need remains.
My husband fulfills this need. As long as I’m with him, I’m good. I’m better than good. I’m relaxed and could do anything in the world with confidence. Without him though, I get anxiety. Every sound I hear at my house sounds like an axe murderer. I’m nervous when I’m in public without him especially if there’s drinking. Girls weekends? The absolute worst. There’s nothing I hate more. Girls weekends mean vulnerability and I don’t like that.
Over the years I’ve found that I feel safe with my husband’s best friend. If my husband can’t come out with everyone because of work, I feel fine going as long as his bff attends. I feel confident he would never let anything happen to me. If my husband is out of town, I can sleep knowing his bff is right down the street.
So, Blaire, what’s the issue?
They will both be out of town next weekend. It’s a week away and I’m already worried about it. What if something happens to me? Who will help me? (I have a million great friends that would help me with literally anything but that doesn’t soothe me. Maybe it’s a trust issue? Maybe it’s a daddy issue??)
I hope you guys know I’m not actually nuts. Not completely anyway. I’m strong, smart, blah, blah, blah, blah. Still worried. 😅
I feel like sometimes I know what’s going to happen before it happens.
Not just once or twice, but actually quite frequently. I often think it’s because I’m really good at reading people. But that can’t be all of it because sometimes things I couldn’t know from communication cues happen that I thought would happen all along. (I know I’m coming off crazy as hell)
My friend’s birthday is this weekend and we have a fun party planned. I was excited for the party but something in the back of my mind kept telling me that I wouldn’t be at the party. It was a stupid thought because I knew I wouldn’t miss it. But I just had a bad feeling.
And then tonight my mom ended up hospitalized. HOW DID I KNOW. AND HOW CAN I USE THIS TALENT TO PREVENT SHIT LIKE THIS?
So it’s 3am right now and I’m still at the hospital. I may be acting crazy because of it. Might even delete this blog in the morning.
I did it. I went to Mexico during the COVID-19 pandemic. Was it a stupid idea? Yup. Am I glad I went? Absolutely. 🇲🇽 🌴
Mexico has lots of COVID-19 safety protocols. I’ve listed some below:
1. my shoes had to be washed prior to entering any resort restaurant, store, or spa. They had 3 little rugs down. The first rug had some sort of soap on it, the second rug was textured, and the third rug was for drying off your shoes.
2. hand sanitizer was located EVERYWHERE. Businesses, every 10 feet in the airport, bathrooms, randomly on walkways, etc. (I was shocked because I thought there was a shortage. Apparently not)
3. Everything was constantly being sprayed down with alcohol. One night we asked why all of our chairs were wet and we were told it was alcohol and that it’s a requirement in order to stop the spread of COVID-19.
4. temperature checks happened randomly. All temperatures were documented.
5. Social distancing was a requirement everywhere we went. We took a boat ride and the captain was only allowed 15 people on the 50 person boat.
6. Mask requirements. We went to Isla Mujeres and were required by the police to wear a mask. We weren’t allowed on the beaches because of social distancing concerns.
Did COVID-19 put a damper on our trip? Definitely. Everything was so different and some of the restrictions were understandable but still sucked.
Did we still have an absolute blast? Yes.
travel during the pandemic, just be safe and use your brain.